Monday, April 04, 2011

A glimpse into someone's else life

On the weekend Matilda and Clancy went away to camp. We were home with just Banjo.

So quiet. So peaceful.

I caught up with my uni study, did some cleaning, and cooking. Had a nap. Banjo had one on one time with her dad (he took her out so I could study) and I got to look into her little face and listen to her, uninterrupted.

She, however, was a bit sad and lost without her sisters. She kept saying "I thought I heard Matilda playing her clarinet' or 'I thought I saw Clancy running past' and she even wistfully walked around calling their names. At one point she said, 'I think Matilda just sent me a kiss'. She played teachers on her own for a while before stating we needed to invite another child over because she didn't like playing on her own. And she wouldn't go to bed in her room because it was too lonely. She even planned a surprise party for her sisters' return.

So, I feel like I've had a little glimpse into the life of someone who has one child and lives a much quieter life than I.

It didn't take long for us to return to normal.

No comments: