Sunday, May 22, 2011

How to Spot a Psychopath

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/may/21/jon-ronson-how-to-spot-a-psychopath?INTCMP=SRCH

If someone had given me this list when I was 16, I may have avoided a few of the men I went on to become involved with. So charming, those psychopaths.

And, like the film and book, The Corporation, points out, these are the qualities of successful corporations, and successful business people. (Not in the case of the men I knew. Some just ended up being criminals.)

What the story doesn't emphasis is the influence of watching violent films on the mind of the young potential criminal. Tony, the patient at the psychiatric hospital, there for committing GBH, claimed insanity based on what he had seen in violent films. His crime itself was, arguably, a copy of a scene from one of those films.

No comments: