Saturday, July 28, 2012

Festival of Dangerous Ideas 2012

Have you seen the list of events for this year's Festival of Dangerous Ideas at the Sydney Opera House.

There are some I'm interested in going to, and if you'd like to come with me, let me know so we can book tickets this week.

On Sat 29th Sept:

How Many Dangerous Idea Can One Person Have? - Germaine Greer
Abolish Private School (the Finnish model of education) -  Pasi Sahlberg & panel
The Delusion of Free Will - Sam Harris

On Sun 30th Sept:

All Women Hate Each Other - Germaine Greer, Eva Cox, Tara Moss
If Mother Nature Could Sue: Wild Law and the Rights of Nature - Cormac Cullinan
You are Being Greenwashed - Guy Pearse

Also, there is a talk by John Ralston Saul called It's Broke: How Can We Fix It? It's scheduled for 26 August. I might go to that one too.

I think I'd rather go to a good talk than any other type of entertainment at the moment. Or is it just that too much of the entertainment I attend is directed at children? 

1 comment:

Jill in a Box said...

Hi, I really want to go to 'All Women Hate Each Other' panel and the one about the Finnish model of education. Have you already booked? Let me know.
Cheers
Melita